Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It's already been over 3 months since the year 2006 began. Just as all companies do their quarterly earnings report, I need to do a quarterly progress report on what I wanted to accomplish this year. Here's what I said last Christmas on what I wanted to accomplish in 2006:

1. Read Darwin on Trial, Purpose Driven Life.
2. Make and launch my website.
3. Keep doing my Web developing work.
4. Learn ASP.NET - become an expert.
5. Bridge the gap between college and YAG sectors in KCPC EM.
6. Get myself in shape!
7. Watch a lot of good movies.
8. Journal more. Not just blog, but more personal journaling.
9. Pray more.
10. No more being a pussy.

Let's see how I'm doing..
____________________________
1. Read Darwin on Trial, Purpose Driven Life.

Well, I actually went and bought 'Darwin on Trial'!! AND read 1 chapter so far. -__- I've had 'Purpose Drive Life' for about 2 years - still have not finished. The biggest problem is, I keep having to start over and over because I wanna read all 40 chapters in 40 consecutive days. Maybe I need a change in strategy... At any rate, I give myself a C for this one. Not failing yet, but barely.
____________________________
2. Make and launch my website.

The desire and willingness is so there. However, no action yet. Since I am on my way to sort of become a professional Web developer, this one I should not fail. I just cannot. This one gets a C also.
____________________________
3. Keep doing my Web developing work.

I've actually almost started 3 new projects. But one of them is now out, and we're still nogotiating with one, and the other I'm starting to work on. So, yes I am still doing Web development work. I give myself a B because I haven't gotten paid for any of these yet.
____________________________
4. Learn ASP.NET - become an expert.

I actually took a class for this - my work paid for it, of course. I like ASP.NET and I think I'll keep learning it. I kinda have to for work anyway. So I get my first A! whoo hoo
____________________________
5. Bridge the gap between college and YAG sectors in KCPC EM.

Let's see... I dont know about the 'bridging' part, but I met more people in YAG - esp at the retreat - and I did rejoin Allelu. I'm a yagger + Allelu is predominantly FiCB = ... not much bridging but the effort is definitely there. So it's a B-
____________________________
6. Get myself in shape!

Since my Houston business trip, I've been pretty good about this. Until about a week ago. But since I've never been as consistent about exercising as I've been in the past 2 months, I give myself a B+, only because I've kinda fallen off the wagon in the last week or so. But I'm getting back on it fo sho. Starting....this weekend? =P
____________________________
7. Watch a lot of good movies.

I signed up for Blockbuster Online. Unfortunately, I've been watching mostly TV shows like Scrubs, Nip Tuck, and Entourage. But some movies too. At least I have the means to watch pretty much any movie I wanna watch now. So it's a B+.
____________________________
8. Journal more. Not just blog, but more personal journaling.

F - journaling and kevin don't really go together. Especially this year.
____________________________
9. Pray more.

F - I don't think I've ever prayed less. I haven't even gotten myself to pray for lunch in front of co-workers...
____________________________
10. No more being a pussy.

F - don't even wanna explain this.
____________________________

Continuing with the earnings report analogy, if I were to be evaluated based on my quaterly report, my stock price will drop quite a bit. Aren't most people pretty good about keeping their resolutions at least the first few months of the year? Damn.

But I'll keep trying.

p.o.

1 Comments:

Blogger fishee said...

dang wat a freakin nerd... grading yourself????

did you know that chevron is the most expensive gas in my area right now?? it's RIDICULOUS.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home