Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Rose Bowl 2006.

It was a great game, no doubt. One of the best college football games I've watched. However, here's what really disgusts me - it was the only time I was really rooting for USC and they lost. For the first time in 35 games. Ok, that's not what really upsets me. What REALY upsets me is that they lost to TEXAS! It was really a matter of who I hate more. And I hate Texas more even though they never beat Cal or anything, because, if you would recall, Texas LongGayHorns took Cal's spot at the Rose Bowl in 2005. Unforgivable.

Well, the game was preceded by probably the worst military choir ever assembled together. I believe it was the Air Force ensemble of a few guys and gals singing some patriotic song. They sucked ass. I should've known then that this game was not gonna make me happy.

Texas got TWO crucial help from the officials in the game. First, Vince Young hit the ground with his knee before handing out a lateral to his team for their first touchdown. But no review was called by the officials. Secondly, during the drive after USC's last touchdown, Vince Young threw a first-down pass to his teammate, who subsequently FUMBLED it and recovered by a Trojan when a Trojan hit it out of his hand. However, the call was 'Incomplete Pass'. Texas got real lucky with these two.

I hate Texas. And right now, I hate USC even more for not winning this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home