Monday, January 03, 2005

This winter has been, surprisingly, not that boring. In fact, it's been JUST right. What I mean is, it's been relaxing, fun, and boring just the right amount.

I came home on 12/17, so I've been home about 2 1/2 weeks now. Usually, when I'm home for more than a week, I get a little restless and start wanting to go back to Berkeley - I guess I really need the freedom that I grew so accustomed to. I mean, it's just ridiculous how EVERYONE in my family goes to sleep around 10. That means, when I come home pretty late, I have to try not to make any noise coming into the house, which is impossible cuz everyone, for some reason, leaves their door open when they sleep, and I wake everyone up and they get mad at me. And sometimes, like very sometimes, my mom gets up out of bed and begins to semi-yell at me about how dad needs his sleep before going to work and all that. I know he does! Just close the freakin door!!

Ok, I just remembered that I wanted to talk about why home has been unusually GOOD this winter.

This winter break, I haven't yet thought about wanting to go back. Maybe it's because I really needed to just relax after the busiest 4 months of my life - watch tv until I fall asleep, sleep until my back hurts, and just do nothing until I actually feel like I should do someting. And I LOVE doing nothing.

Or maybe it's because I actually did some things for fun - I went snowboarding to Big Bear once, and I went to Las Vegas for 3 days/2 nights with my roommates, where I was victorious once again, and I went out with my friends a couple of times. Watched Ocean's Twelve, Blade: The Trinity, and Meet the Fockers. I even watched my high school band perform their annual Christmas concert, thanks to them having their winter break a little late this year. And of course, spending the new year's day with my family and all my relatives is always fun. Seh-beh-dohn, he he.

Or maybe it's the food. Incredible amount of GOOD food. I think I gained about 10 pounds so far this winter.

Or maybe, and probably, it's my family. I mean, it's not like I didn't love them or appreciate them before, but I think I'm more aware of their love and support for me nowadays. Maybe I'm finally old enough to fully realize that. Took me almost 23 years.

There's no place like home, because home is where family's at.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home